We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated software developer with a strong background in full-stack web applications to join our team and be the lead programmer for our data analysis web platform. The platform will host applications on the cloud providing data analytics solutions for researchers and practitioners across disciplines.
As a software developer, you will design and implement a performant, scalable, user friendly, high availability web-based environment, and contribute to the code for all parts of its life cycle from design, development, and deployment, to maintenance, operation, and support.
The software development in which the successful applicant will be involved has been the result of many years of our team’s leading research in the fields of machine learning and artificial intelligence for data analysis. At (mensxmachina) we go beyond the data and develop cutting-edge algorithms and software for big-data predictive analytics. We have pioneered technology for scalable, accurate, and principled variable selection methods and probabilistic network learning, attracting several national and EU grants.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in developing full-stack web applications using the following technologies
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (most preferably Git) and build automation tools (most preferably Maven)
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in the following technologies
- REST/SOAP, NoSQL databases, Visualization tools (e.g. Kibana, Google charts), Bootstrap, JPA Hibernate
- Cloud services technologies like Amazon Web Services
- High-performance computing services
- Scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Scientific computing languages such as R and MATLAB
- Experience in communicating and working with experts (e.g. in a science community) in a co-development model
The compensation is highly competitive with respect to similar positions. The salary will be tailored to the experience and capacity of the candidate.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled. The first round will end on November 11th, 2016. Interested candidates can send an email to mensxmachina at gmail dot com with the following information:
- A cover letter stating their motivations for applying
- A detailed CV